Are you struggling with preparing your next powerpoint presentation you have to give to your boss, your clients or at a conference? Here are my 10 killer tips that have helped me throughout my career when I had to make a presentation. They really work:
My 10 tips for making an amazing powerpoint presentation
- Plan the outline/framework of your presentation.
- Think of your overall objective, conclusions first.
- Have an over-arching story/theme that flows through your presentation.
- Break this theme into 3 sections (beginning, middle and end).
- When you have your content and theme mapped out, check that there is synergy throughout.
- Find your thread and link everything together – the flow is really important.
- Can you tell your story creatively? It’s imperative to keep your audience engaged.
- Using interesting and relevant stats, quotes, references wherever possible ie tell stories within your story.
- Rehearse, rehearse, rehearse…until you can deliver your presentation in your sleep!
- Finally, say everything with conviction and be passionate about it…
Say what you mean and mean what you say. To get more inspiration for your next presentation, read my previous blog post about how to create the feel good factor in your presentation.